Aveta Pregnancy Nurturing Group
Experience your pregnancy deeply, naturally and positively!
Fri 6 June 14
The Waters of Life
• Water in the physiology of pregnancy and birth.
• Why women are drawn to water.
Fri 4 July 14
Shape and Balance
Finding balance within changing shapes
1 August 2014
Senses and Sensibility
• How the unborn baby’s senses and awareness develop.
• Loving communication between mother, father and unborn child.
North London Neighbourhood Midwives forms a part of Neighbourhood Midwives, a fully insured, 100% employee owned social enteprize registered with the Care Quality Commission.
THANK YOU FOR JOINING US FOR OUR SUMMER 2014 PROGRAMME.
Aveta groups will recommence in the Autumn.
You are warmly invited to join a new monthly midwife-led creative class for pregnant women and those planning a pregnancy, to nurture physical and emotional health from conception to birth and beyond!
Aveta is organised and run by midwives Eva Casson-du Mont and Corina Wilson from Neighbourhood Midwives North London.
Where We Meet Rudolf Steiner House, 35 Park Rd, London NW1 6XT (near Baker Street)
Dates and Time Launch Friday 06 June 2014, thereafter every 1st Friday of the Month, 6.30-8.30pm.
What We Do
• In each session the group explores a new topic related to conception, pregnancy and birth through various creative media, including art, poetry, movement, music, meditation etc. The aim is to nurture your instinctive creative knowledge concerning pregnancy and birth, reduce fear and stress, and thus help you to experience your pregnancy more deeply, naturally and positively.
• You will also have access to up-to-date independent midwifery advice on a variety of pregnancy health issues, such as diet, exercise, complementary therapies, immunisation, maternity care and birth place choices.
• Occasional collaborations with artists, maternity educators and health professionals to further and inspire you!
• Our approach is much indebted to the work of Michel Odent and Frederick Leboyer and ties in with research findings that relaxation and a positive emotional state in pregnancy improve long-term health outcomes for mothers, babies and families as a whole.
• We also hope that you will greatly enjoy working together with other expectant mothers and maybe develop some valuable new friendships.
Price £15 per session, payable by cash or cheque on the day. There is no need to book but calling us in advance (even on the day) will help us manage group size. Small refreshment provided.
Phone Eva Casson-du Mont on 07866900515.
Visit our website: www.northlondonmidwives.co.uk.